Be sociable.

If theres one thing I've learnt from my street style photography, it's that people have some interesting stories to tell.

I was taking a break from my photos in Lincoln Square on Wednesday when I sat next to one of the most interesting people I have met in a long time. I learnt more about his life and views and experiences in half an hour, than I have with some of the people I would class as friends.

Originally from India, Jim has been an international singer, owned textile factories in his home country,   owned a travel company and travelled himself more than I could have ever imagined. He is now enjoying a humble retirement living in England for half of the year and heading back to India for the other half, because the English winter months "play havoc with his joints".

He was a truly inspirational human being and I hope one day I'll bump into him again. He went on to tell me his mantra for a happy and meaningful life. He knows it as "TUP", which stands for tolerance, understanding and patience. I'll be sure to try and live by it myself from now on.

And of course I took a cheeky photo to remember him by.




No comments:

Post a Comment